Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's no fun being sick

I've been sick with a bad cold for about a week now. Prior to pregnancy, I wouldn't let a cold hold me back. I would still go to work and school, run errands, go out to do fun things, etc. Unfortunately, I have learned that when one is pregnant and gets a cold, one cannot go on living life as usual. I tried doing that and all it did was make me sicker. So, even though I had all kinds of fun plans for this weekend (I was supposed to be up at East Canyon for a girls weekend and before I left Adam and I were supposed to go to the Festival of Trees), I ended up sitting or laying down at home and just watching movies. Boring! The only up side was Friday my friend KrisAn decided to brave my cold and come visit me. Thank goodness!

Saturday I took a little turn for the worse and had a hard time breathing all day, so I pretty much stayed in bed. Thankfully Adam was able to get a lot of unpacking done and get decorations up in our place, so now it's starting to feel a little more like home.

After sleeping with the humidifier on full blast last night, I'm feeling a little better this morning. Although I'm bummed because I still don't think it's a good idea for me to go out, even to church. There are a ton of other pregnant women and babies there, and I really don't want to expose anyone else to this horrible cold. I wish the person who gave it to me would have been as thoughtful.

Anyway, the baby will be here in a matter of weeks now and I have so much to do to get ready for him, but unless I get better soon, I'm afraid I won't be ready in time. So, here's to hoping and praying I get better quickly!

2 comments:

  1. I got a cold the last few weeks I was pregnant with Anslie too. It was horrible. Easily the worst cold I have ever had. And to make things worse, it was during the 2007 wild fires so we had to evacuate. Talk about not being able to breathe with a bad cold and ash flying through the air! Luckily she was a week late, so we were back home by the time she was born. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! So sorry you're sick. When I was pregnant with Karlee, I had a cold for 3 MONTHS! Yep. My body just couldn't kick it. So I can understand how you feel!

    Try lemon and honey in a cup of warm water. So yummy and soothing!

    Can't wait for your little one to arrive!

    ReplyDelete