Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Busy, Crazy

It's been a busy last couple of weeks! On July 3rd my friend Megan and I went to Park City to visit my old roommate and good friend Elizabeth. Liz was in town from Connecticut for a family reunion, so we were lucky to get to see her for a few hours. Then on the 4th, Adam and I cleaned the house and got ready for our trip to CA for the Stockdale family reunion. That night we also had my sister April's family and my parents over for a little 4th BBQ and fireworks. It was actually the first time Adam and I have been able to celebrate the 4th since we've lived in this house (we had other non-fun things that had to distract us the previous 2 years), so it was pretty nice.

On Sunday the 5th, we left for our trip to CA. Adam flew to Oregon to meet my brother Dave and get the car he so kindly gave to us. Then he was going to hang at Dave's for the day and drive the rest of the way to CA and meet me there on Monday. I was to pick up my niece, then go to my parents house and drive with them the 8 hours to Reno, then on Monday we were going to continue the rest of the way (4 more hours) to CA. It sounded like a good idea, but that's because I forgot that my parents have the worst luck in the world with cars. Lets just say what should have only been an 8 hour day turned into a 17 hour day when the radiator blew on my dad's car. Being pregnant and stuck sitting around for 17 hours with stressed out people was very unpleasant. I'm just way thankful my lovely niece was there to keep a good attitude and make me laugh. Thank you Allie! And sorry mom and dad, but I'm never driving a long distance in your car again! :)

The rest of the week in Shasta Lake were good. It was great to see everyone again and get to know some in-laws and nieces and nephews a little better. Thankfully the trip home was much less eventful than the trip there and Adam and I made it home in 11 hours (better than the 12 and a half our GPS said it should have taken). Then, the next day my old roommate Liz came over for dinner before she headed back to Conneticuit. It almost felt like it added one more day to our vacation, which was nice.

The only problem with going on vacation is that when you come home and have to get back to work, there is a "To-Do" list a mile long. I haven't even made it through half of it yet, and yet I'm sitting here blogging. Can you tell how excited I am to get my work done?

One last note, in a week and a half we're going to find out the gender of our baby! Woo hoo! Guesses anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment