Friday, July 24, 2009

We're having a boy!

We went to get our ultrasound this morning and were surprised to find out we're having a boy! It was so cute, as soon as the doctor got the thing on my belly the baby starting waving at us. Then he was sucking his thumb. Anyway, we saw multiple angles and there is no doubt that he is a boy!

It's kind of funny because this whole time Adam and I have been thinking he was a girl, but then randomly in the last week or so we both had dreams that we were having a boy. I guess he was sick of us calling him a girl so he let us know in a dream. Anyway, we're excited, but we have no idea whatsoever on a name. All the names we had in mind were girl names. So, we're open to suggestions.

I must also admit, I'm happy that he's a boy because now the pressure is off to carry on the Dalton name. Not that there was any pressure from anyone except myself, but I'm happy we won't have to worry about that. And there are benefits to having a boy first. I just have to hope he has Adam's temperament and not the "Stockdale boy" temperament. He'll be a much easier boy to raise that way. A little less of a rascal.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!
    I always wanted a big brother, so I always kinda wanted a boy first. But now that that ship has sailed, I kinda want just all girls, 'cause I don't want an only boy who's the youngest AND has no brothers(like my poor, whiny brother :-)!)And thumb sucking, yay! My Mom said both of her thumb suckers were sucking their thumbs in ultrasound pictures, and stuck with it after birth . . . and even though it sometimes gets drummed up as this big 'bad' thing, after two colicky babies, I would've given any amount of money to have a kid who sucked their thumb! The ability to self soothe should never be undervalued! :-) My mother-in-law loved her thumb suckers so much that she started trying to jam Annie's poor thumb into her mouth from the first time she held her and every single time she got her hands on her for months and months :-) . . . but it never did work. My Mom always told me that thumb suckers are born, not made :-) Like I said, her two thumb suckers were sucking their thumbs in the womb on ultrasound . . . the rest of her kids never did it on ultrasound, and never did it after birth. (Due to weak placentas, that could lead to malnourished babies, my Mom had multiple ultrasounds throughout all of her pregnancies after her first (me) was born, so she had seen a ton of ultrasound of all of her 5 other kids.)
    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, mama! I was thinking you were having a girl too, so I will have to do some rearranging in my mind now :) Good luck with the name! I would give you some suggestions, but then I would be giving my boy names away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Boys are so fun! I'm glad my first was a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't imagine Stockdale boys being difficult to raise. Ha!
    Congrats Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Major congrats on having a boy. I hope that I am having a boy. I hope I hope I hope. Oh and did I say congrats

    ReplyDelete