Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things & 3 Months Old

I can't believe my little baby is 3 months old! Where did the time go? I can't help but be amazed by how much I love this little person. I never knew I could love like that. It gives me a small glimpse of how much our Heavenly Father loves us.

As I was staring at my beautiful child this morning I started making a bit of a mental inventory of all the things I love about being Ryker's mom. Here are just a few of the reasons I love being a mom.

Baby smiles! I love how smiley Ryker is in the morning and practically all day long. How can I possibly get upset when in the middle of the night he decides it's play time and starts cooing and smiling at me?

Cuddle time. Ryker is such a cuddler! It melts my heart when he has his little arm wrapped around me and he snuggles into my neck or chest or shoulder, or any part of me he can.

When he's really hungry and I give him his milk he makes this adorable sound that sounds like he's saying, yum, yum, yum. It's so cute and funny!

Peaceful sleeping angel. I love watching my little boy sleep. He's so adorable and peaceful. Plus he makes the cutest facial expressions ever! I only wish I could see his dreams.

Watching my tiny boy suck his thumb. It has to be one of the cutest things ever to see my tiny baby suck his little thumb!

When he's really in the sucking mood and my hand, arm, or fingers are nearby he just goes for it and starts to suck on me. It cracks me up!

The way he reaches out to touch me. If he's laying down and I'm nearby he reaches out to touch me. He always wants to be touching me when possible. So cute.

When he's crying (something I wish he never had to do) and I come into his view to pick him up, he immediately starts to calm down when he sees me. It's like he thinks,"Oh good there's Mommy, she'll take care of me."

Dressing him up in new outfits. It's so fun dressing my baby! He's like my own personal doll. And not matter what he wears he looks adorable.

There are so many more things I love, but these are a few of my favorite things (yes I am singing the Sound of Music song in my head while I write this).

Here are a few pictures of my 3 month old boy taken this week:
Mommy's Bear


Daddy's Boy


Still the littlest of the cousins, but he's starting to catch up!


Ryker and his cousin Milo love each other already. Look, they started holding hands on their own. Shortly after this they took turns sucking on each other's hands. It was hilarious!

3 comments:

  1. you have a very cute little boy. I love to watch the baby learn it is so exciting to see them learn new things like discovering her hands (my 5 week old Leah) or recgnizing letter in the alphabet (my 3 year old Sera). I am excited for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing the love you feel as a mother? People could try to describe it, but until you actually LIVE it, you don't understand it, you don't get it. It's the most amazing feeling in the world, and there are times that I am still in awe of that!

    He is getting so big and so cute!! Reading this made me want one of my own to snuggle and love...

    ReplyDelete