Thursday, March 18, 2010

Week of Firsts for Ryker

This was a great week for Ryker filled with lots of firsts for him. He got to go to church for the first time this week. I was really nervous about taking him, but we just decided that it was time. I was set on not letting people touch him though. Turns out I was worried for nothing. Since I only went to this ward for 3 weeks before I got sick, then bedrest, then had the baby, no one there really knows me so no one made a fuss over him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not whinning here, just stating the facts. I was expecting everyone to be excited to see my adorable baby and just to swoon over him, but no one even paid any attention to him. Oh well, that's probably better for him anyway, less chance of getting sick that way. And for me it was fun because I got to dress him up in church clothes and he looked adorable! Here's a picture of him after we got home from church.

Next week I'm going to take him to where I used to go to church. They know and love me there and are excited to see my baby. They've been asking for weeks when I'm going to come visit, so now I will!

Anyway, a wonderful thing happened this week, Ryker finally started sleeping more than 3 hours at a time. One night Adam got him to sleep 6 hours straight! He did it while sleeping on Adam's chest, but still, 6 hours was awesome! I snuck out & took a picture of them. It's dark because I didn't want to wake them.

Anyway, 2 other nights this week Ryker slept for 5 hours straight in his own bed (must not be as comfortable as Daddy) but then Adam could actually sleep better in our bed. It looks like he's going to make this a habit. I know I'm praying he does!

And finally, we started reading Ryker books this week. Adam read him his first book and he really liked it! He even started smiling as soon as Adam opened the book and started reading to him. Here's a cute picture where you can see him smiling at the book.


I sure love my boys!

2 comments:

  1. He's so dang cute!!! I gotta come visit you guys more often, it's gonna be sad to not have you around and I'm not taking advantage of the time you're here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that last picture is adorable!! Love it!

    So glad he's sleeping better. It makes for a much happier mommy!

    ReplyDelete