Sunday, March 29, 2009

Salads Please

Adam and I have a new goal, to try as many different yummy, healthy, salads as possible.

I am still on a "diet," although really it's more of a lifestyle change. One of those changes is making sure I'm eating plenty of fruits and veggies every day. Both Adam and I feel a whole lot better and have more energy when we do this. My problem is that I don't have enough good recipes. I can always look them up in a cook book, but half the time the recipes I find in cook books are gross or have wierd ingredients that I can't find in a grocery store or don't know what they are.

I'm asking everyone out there in blogger world to please give me their recipes for tasty, healthy salads, that you've actually tried. Here's one we had today that was soooo good (I sort of made it up):

Sweet Spinach Surprise
  • Baby spinach
  • Diced celery
  • Diced gala apple
  • Sliced strawberries
  • fresh raspberries (don't cut these, just put them in whole)
  • chopped pecans
  • Poppy Seed Dressing (The best brand is Briannas Home Style. Its has all natural ingredients and the lowest sugar content of the regular ones on the shelf)

We put the dressing on our self, once its on our plate, not when the salad is in the bowl. I find we use a lot less dressing that way, which just lowers the calorie and sugar content. The fruit in the salad adds a lot of flavor, so it really doesn't take much dressing. Plus, too much dressing takes away from the natural flavor of the salad.

Try this salad and let me know what you think. And more importantly, give me a recipe for a good salad that you make!

2 comments:

  1. My mom would also tell you that the appropriate way to apply dressing to your salad is to dip your fork in the dressing, then spear the salad. It greatly reduces the amount of dressing you use while still giving you the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I need to eat better. Especially wince I cannot gain any more weight. Lose Lose Lose Please Body. Let me know good salad recipe

    ReplyDelete