Sunday, April 26, 2009

1st Ride of the Season

We're finally getting into Spring in Utah, which means it's hiking & biking season, yeah! Yesterday Adam fixed our bikes so we could start riding again. Our plan was to take the Jordan River Trail as far North as it goes, but we really had no idea how far North the trail went. We were going to go early in the day, but it was raining most of the day and riding in the rain is not our idea of fun.

Luckily by 5:30pm it stopped raining so we loaded up our bikes and headed to the trail at 6pm. We didn't make it to the end of the Northern trail, but we did ride our bikes 16 miles! I think if it was earlier and warmer we would have kept going, but still, 16 miles is still quite the accomplishment for our first ride of the season.

I have to admit, I was very proud of myself. Last year I was so weak I could hardly go up hills, and some I couldn't go up at all. There is no way I could have rode 16 miles last year. Plus, there's no way I could have kept up with Adam last year! And one of the best things, I am not even sore today. Quite the opposite, I feel like I want to go do it again. :)

I am so excited that Adam and I are now at about the same physical fitness level! That will make this an awesome spring/summer! We already have hikes on the calendar and now we're going to be adding some good bike rides. We both just want to get into a little better shape so we can up our difficulty level for our family vacations coming up.

Anyone know of some good biking trails within an hour drive of West Jordan, UT? We'll be needing some more good ones for this spring/summer season.

2 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people out here in Herriman like biking up the canyons around here. One of the reasons we bought a house out here is that there are bike trails EVERYWHERE and everyone's out biking/jogging/walking. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of a bunch, too! I'll put together a list and email ya when I get a chance. Hiking is our favorite thing to do as a family!

    And way to go on your first bike ride of the season!!! YEA!!

    ReplyDelete