Thursday, June 11, 2009

I was going to wait, but I changed my mind...

I haven't posted a blog in a couple of weeks because I couldn't blog about what I really wanted to. You see, Adam and I had decided to wait to tell people until we knew more information and until it was more of a sure thing. Well, now we know more information, but I guess nothing's really for sure until it actually happens. And, since I don't think waiting until it actually happens is really the most logical time to tell people, here I am, telling you my secret now. (Have I built the suspense enough yet?) So, here's our news, I'm pregnant!

I'm only about 8 weeks along, and I'm still at high risk for miscarriage, but I have hope that I'll be able to carry this baby to term. We were going to wait until I was out of my first trimester to tell anyone, but we decided that if I actually do miscarry, it will be easier to go through with the support of family and friends than it will be alone. Although, I really don't think I'm going to miscarry (maybe I'm hopelessly optimistic right now, but hey, who am I to doubt the power of positive thinking?).

There's a lot more to my pregnancy story than this (most of it quite funny if I do say so myself), but you'll have to wait until later today when I have more time to write. However, I will tell you that my actual due date is January 23rd (4 days before my 4th anniversary) and Adam and I are both pretty convinced we're having a girl (although I won't be able to prove it for a while yet). However, if we're wrong and it's actually a boy, we'll be happy too. As long as we have a healthy baby, I'm happy!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am so EXCITED for you!!! When I got your email, I was just hoping... Hope all is going well so far! We'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I knew it wouldn't be too long. You and Adam will be great parents!
    Looking forward to seeing you again soon at Lake Shasta to hear more first hand.
    Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! i hope the kid decides to incubate for the full time! how exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Melissa, you should check out my blog too! I am really happy for you and will pray that you carry your baby to term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Melissa!! That is wonderful news, I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete