Saturday, May 15, 2010

Edward Scissors Baby & School

So a couple of nights ago Ryker woke up at 1:30am (which he does almost every night still) and ate his milk like normal. When he was finished I left his room for him to go back to sleep, which he normally does just fine. A few minutes later he started to cry so I went back in there to check on him because he usually just goes back to sleep without any crying. As soon as he saw me he let out an excited baby squeal and then started kicking and smiling and being very excited. He had decided it was time to play at 1:30 in the morning and he was so very happy that I had come to play with him (NOT!). So even though he was very adorable and I was actually tempted for half a second to play with him, I was extremely tired. So I gave him his binkie and left the room. He then proceeded to cry for 20 minutes before he finally went back to sleep. When I got him in the morning I saw that the poor kid had scratched himself all over! He looked like Edward Scissor Baby! He scratched his nose and all over his forehead. That explains why his cries just got madder and madder before finally tapering off. Normally he doesn't get that mad at night. So I promptly clipped his nails in the morning (like I do every other day, but apparently I missed a day with how sharp they were). Here's a picture of his cut up head, but it's blurry because I couldn't get him to hold still long enough. He's a very wiggly baby! And as you'll see in the second picture, he was still happy boy in the morning.



On a totally different note, Adam got his grades back from last semester at school, and he did really well! Now keep in mind we had a brand new baby and he was working full time. Plus in the last month of the semester he started a brand new job. The poor guy was living on a few hours of sleep at night the whole semester. And he got (drum roll please............) straight A's! Go Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment