Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ryker update

Ryker is now 9 and a half months old! I can't believe how time flies! At his 9 month appointment he was 15 pounds 14 ounces, in the one percentile! He is a tiny little boy, but I have to admit, I love it! I know he'll catch up someday, but what he lacks in size he makes up in strength and personality. He crawls (more like an army man, but crawling nonetheless), and pulls himself up to stand, and just this week he started walking by holding onto the couch and walking along. He chases the dogs, pulls their tails, laughs when they lick him, feeds them food from his high chair, and overall just loves the dogs. He feeds himself and likes to think he's a big boy now and doesn't need Mommy or Daddy to feed him. Occasionally he decides he's too big for a bottle and will only drink from a sippy cup. He loves to read books, but he equally loves to eat the books, so that can make story time difficult at times. He's a huge tease! He thinks it's hilarious to pull Mommy and Daddy's hair. He's is so wiggly! We have to distract him with toys or bottles when we change his diaper or he decides he's going to get up and crawl away.

He just made it last week to 16 pounds 1 ounce and I was way excited! He's still in 6 months size clothes and size 2 diapers. He's healthy at the moment and I hope it stays that way. He has always had a weak immune system, but his doctor assures me that will make him stronger in the future.

I'm so excited for Halloween! I haven't made a final decision on costumes yet, but you better believe it will be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment