Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A few fun things...

On Friday Adam and I went to the Living Aquarium. Adam would really like to get an aquarium of our own, this gave us some fun ideas. Here are just a few pictures. I don't know how Adam can go in like this to pet the sting ray and not fall in. I totally would have fallen in! By the way, has anyone else who's gone to an aquarium noticed that sting rays are like the dogs of the sea? They always swim over to us to be petted.


Look, I found Nemo! I totally want one of these fish if we ever get a big salt water aquarium.


On a different note, I still get to watch my friend's baby twice a week. She really is a good baby and it's been good practice for both me and the dogs. It's amazing how many times a day while I watch her that I have to literally juggle multiple things at once. Like it's actually pretty hard to make a bottle while holding a crying baby. Or trying to leave to go run a few errands takes a while because I want to make sure she's fed, burped, and diaper changed before I go anywhere. Then trying to carry the diaper bag, my purse, the car seat, and whatever else I have, like a package to mail off at the post office. Not to mention making sure our Rolo puppy doesn't run out of the front door while I'm trying to get out (since she's not 100% trained on that point yet). Although, Rolo is getting used to having a baby around and she likes to lay right by the baby sometimes. Here's a cute picture of one of those times when Rolo just couldn't get close enough to the baby. So cute!

Anyway, it's fun watching this cute little girl, but every day I watch her I think of my own little baby and how much I'm looking forward to having him and being home with him. And even though it's a bit of struggle to adjust from two incomes to one income, and it means sacrificing a lot, I'm glad we're doing it. Before being pregnant, I never thought I wanted to be a full time stay at home mom and quit my day job, but now I really can't imagine going back to work and my baby isn't even here yet. Now I just need to make sure I engage myself with other stay at home moms so I don't get lonely or desperate to talk to another adult. I've been staying super busy with a few work loose ends I need to tie up, but those should be taken care of in about a month and then I can focus more on everything else. Like maybe I should start looking at baby stuff. I haven't even started looking and all we have right now are some onesies, baby shampoo, a few toys, a cute newborn outfit, and a cute blanket. So, at least he'll be bathed and clothed with a few toys to keep him interested...

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand what you're saying about staying at home vs. working. When I had JJ, I thought, "I can finish the school year. No biggie!" But when I held him in my arms, I knew. I knew I couldn't return.

    I did have to return for 30 days. It was the hardest time of my life! Being up all night nursing, getting up early for the commute, and then taking care of 20 very active 2nd graders. Wow!!

    But, every moment has been worth it! I made it through and now get to be here every single day with my two little ones. Nothing I could do would ever replace those moments!

    So, what I'm trying to say is that I understand what you're feeling. Amazing, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete