Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Dog and the Kitchen Sink

Yesterday two funny things happened that I can't help myself from blogging about.

First, this weekend I was on "bed rest" because I had hurt myself from a fall on Thursday (not the funny part), and my doctor told me to stay off my feet and rest for the weekend. At one point my sweet dog Shady wanted to sit/lay by me, so I let her up on the couch with me. She sniffed my belly then layed her head on it. A few seconds later my baby boy decided he liked Shady and started kicking me. Shady must have sensed his movement because she immediately sniffed my belly again and then licked it right where I had felt the baby move. So Shady and baby boy had a little bonding moment. It was so cute!

Second funny thing. On Friday night Adam got us a Red Box movie since I couldn't go out. Then he went and picked up dinner (since I couldn't really stand long enough to cook and I wasn't able to go grocery shopping for needed supplies). When we finished eating dinner we could not find the Red Box movie anywhere. We spent the next hour searching everywhere we could think of where the move could possibly be. Finally we gave up and decided it must not be anywhere in the house because we looked everywhere it could have been. Then, on Saturday, I was feeling much better so I decided to be a good wife and do dishes. Sure enough, half way through emptying the sick I found the Red Box DVD still safely in its case. I couldn't stop laughing when I realized we lost the DVD in the kitchen sink! Apparently when Adam was clearing dishes from the table Friday night he had the DVD in his hand and it ended up being put in the sink right along with the dishes. Go figure! So next time I can't find something, I'll remember to check the kitchen sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment