Friday, February 19, 2010

Best Baby Invention Ever! All Mother's With Babies Should Have!

So, I swear no one is paying me to write this blog, but I have to do it. It's too valuable for mothers with babies or who are soon to have babies.

A few days ago my lovely friend Heather Canterbury posted on her facebook page about a great baby carrier called the Sleepy Wrap. I've tried a Baby Bojor, didn't really like it. I tried a sling, again, not so much. My little baby Ryker is a cuddler and he likes to be held all the time. I would love to hold him all day, but I need to do things, like eat, vacuum, do laundry, do dishes, etc. All of these things are difficult to do while holding a baby.

On top of all of that, Ryker has been sick, therefor he has been excessively fussy. Like along the lines of colic fussy. He literally has times where he cries for hours without end, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to console him. Yesterday was one of those days. He pretty much cried all day, with a few 10 minute breaks. Needless to say it was an incredibly hard day and I cursed all sick people in the world for the possibility of getting my baby sick. I didn't discriminate amongst sick people, I cursed them all because it could be possible that somehow they contributed to my baby's sickness or that someday in the future they may contribute to getting him sick. Yes I know, I'm crazy. But you try holding a screaming baby for 8 hours and see how sane you are.

Anyway, at 5pm I got an email from UPS saying that they delivered my Sleepy Wrap to the front porch. I ran upstairs, handed Ryker off to his Aunt Maria, and ripped open the box. I then read the instructions to try and figure out how to put the thing on. It was a little difficult, but that was probably because my brain was fried. After I got it on right, I put a crying Ryker into my Sleepy Wrap. Within one minute he completely stopped crying. Within two minutes he was out like a light! He remained asleep for the next two hours, waking up only to eat. In that feeding he ate 3 ounces! That was a miracle in itself since all day he wouldn't eat much, maybe only an ounce at a time.

Once he finished eating, got burped, and then got a clean diaper, it was right back into the Sleep Wrap. He immediately fell right back asleep. He slept there for another hour while I cleaned up and got ready for bed. Then I took him out and put him in his bed where he slept for another three hours! When he woke up a 1am for another feeding he ate about 2 and a half ounces, but then he started with the screaming again. I tried calming him and nothing was working so I put him back in the Sleepy Wrap and he fell asleep again within 5 minutes.

When Ryker got up this morning he was actually pretty happy, even smiling at me a few times. After about 15 minutes he started getting fussy, so I put him back in the Sleepy Wrap and he settled right down. This time he just looked around and enjoyed the scenery for 15-20 minutes before falling asleep. He is currently in his Sleepy Wrap while I type this blog.

If I haven't convinced you yet that you need a Sleepy Wrap, then you must have a baby that is never fussy. Even if your baby is never fussy, this is the best baby carrier I've tried. He's so close/tight to me that I can do stuff without him getting in the way. All the while he's happy as a clam in his shell. So, if you don't already have one of these, you should get one! It's the best $40 you'll spend! Here's the link: http://www.sleepywrap.com/

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Melissa! I've been trying to figure out which wrap/carrier to get. How is the Sleepy Wrap different from the Moby Wrap? I've heard about the moby, but not the sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so wish they had all this cool stuff when I had Karlee. I literally did have to carry her around all day. It was hard! So hard!

    Even yesterday, we were driving home from the store, and she was at it again, at 2 years of age: crying in the car! I about lost it! I mean, seriously. How much crying can a mother deal with?! Seriously. I swear it's been 2 1/2 years of constant crying. Come on!

    I am so happy you have found something that works!! So happy for you!! And for little Ryker. ('cause I KNOW your pain!)

    ReplyDelete