Saturday, February 13, 2010

Super Baby!

So Ryker has a super power, super strength! He's always been a pretty strong baby, but now he's already surpassed some development milestones, and he's only 6 and a half weeks!

First, he stands up! I was changing his clothes the other day and I tried to sit him up to put a onsie on and he pushed his legs out straight and stood instead of sat. Then I tried to get him to bend his legs and sit, while saying "sit, sit" and instead of Ryker sitting, the dogs standing nearby sat and then looked at me expectantly waiting for a treat or something. It was pretty funny. Anyway, he has stood up multiple times since then. Come to think of it, about every time I try changing his onsies.

Second, he tries to pull himself up. It's pretty common when he's laying down for him to grab onto mine or Adam's fingers and pull himself almost completely up.

And finally, the one he did this morning, he rolled over! Now I know what you're thinking, "oh that was probably an accident," but no folks, this was deliberate. He was on his blanket doing tummy time when he pushed himself up then rolled over onto his back. So, I picked him up and put him back in the middle of the blanket on his tummy, and he did it again. When I picked him up and put him back the third time he got mad at me. I'm sure he was thinking, "Come on Mom, can't you see I want to be on my back!" Anyway, earlier this week he rolled from his back to his tummy a few times. Also earlier this week he had a doctor appointment (poor kid got sick with a sore throat that turned into an ear and sinus infection) and his doctor put him on his tummy and he pushed himself right up. The doctor was impressed and said, "Wow, he's strong. What is he going to do, start doing pushups or something?"

So yes folks, pretty soon I'll be asking Ryker instead of Adam to open jars for me. That's just how it is when you have a super strong baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment